Here we have compiled some social rule which are nowhere taught and/or written, but which speak volumes to who we are as a person and a society, nay, as a nation.
- Don’t look away during a conversation.
- When somebody complains about their spouse, don’t badmouth, just listen.
- Don’t suggest a medicine to someone who is ill (unless you’re a specialist).
- When you realise your mistake, accept it don’t go on arguing.
- Don’t show your artistic nature on a borrowed book/notebook.
- If somebody is giving you treat, let them order.
- Don’t bite your nails or shake your legs during an interview, it shows you’re being restless.
- Never make sound while eating in public.
- Never shout to prove your point.
- Don’t stare someone while he/she is eating.(I wish I could tell this to my dog)
- If an elder arrives, stand up and offer them your own seat.
- Always say Thank you to the delivery boys/girls.
- Compliment somebody who you think is internally beautiful/handsome.
- If somebody says, ‘Can I ask you something?’ or ‘We need to talk’, be prepared for a serious conversation.